"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died & your life is now hidden with Christ in God."

Monday, June 14, 2010

impact 2010

I'm chillin' comfortably in a sweet hotel in Denver as I write. The mountains are in view- it's great, I love Colorado! It's crazy to finally be on the road with the team! I've been counting down the days for so long that it didn't seem like it would ever really come around. I'm excited though to get this show on the road.

I spent a lot of time last summer in Thessalonians and fell in love with Paul's heart for ministry. It's such a challenge to me as I head into the first official week of the tour. I want to serve like Paul served! It's so easy for me to get wrapped up in the world of "Numero Uno" and neglect the people and opportunities around me. My prayer for this summer is that I will fade into the background. I will always only fail when it's all about me. The simple truth in the matter is that it's not about me and I'm not needed in this equation. It's that clay pot concept again... 2 Corinthians 4:7 says "But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." Verses 10 and 11 go on to say that "[we are] always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh." Oh, that Christ would be manifested in ME! I am just an ordinary little pot made of clay, but what lies inside me is a treasure, what is within me is EXTRAordinary! God is beyond big, He's beyond good, and therefore I am left with no other options than to make much of the treasure I carry in this little clay pot. It is so exciting to know that the power that raised the dead to life and saves hopeless sinners is INSIDE OF ME and I have the privilege to proclaim it, to shout it from the roof tops (pun intended).
I can't wait to watch God Almighty work in my heart this week at Camp Eden and the weeks to come. I can't wait to watch God work in my campers' lives. May God get all the glory for what He will do!

grace

No comments:

Post a Comment